See shop gallery for newly added pieces>>>>>
To receive the more or less weekly gallery updates see the simple sign up form at the bottom of this page.
Can you distinguish between forgeries and the real thing?
I bring the experience of collecting ancient artefacts for some 35 years to the selection of antiquities for my online shop. I find that I can only buy in things for stock which I really like, which creates a problem as I really want to keep so many things for my own collection!
You will hopefully not find forgeries and fakes here. All collectors and dealers will sometimes make mistakes. In the event, we would both have learnt something valuable! Additionally, I would place photos of the piece with a commentary, in my fakes sections so that others can learn as well.
This is a website for collectors, newly interested or well established, academics and others interested in ancient times.
Register to join our international community. It's quick and easy, and of course it's free.
Unconditional returns policy - return anything at any time, for any reason.
COAs on request.
Always interested to know what collectors may be offering for sale. Email me.
I am increasingly emaling specific collectors about interesting pieces before they get onto the website, so do register your particular interests here:
- I have been collecting antiquities for a very long time. I'm rather an antiquitiy myself. I became retired a few years ago (I was a doctor in London) and I decided, just for the fun of it, to start a bit of dealing. I'm enjoying this immensely!
- I am also on eBay from time to time. (UPDATE: actually now hardly ever at all) My ID there is "brondavid".
- I wanted to create a website which will be more than simply another antiquities dealer website; a website about collecting ancient artifacts not just selling them!
- Please do use the facilities here: the success of these resources is in your hands. Together, I hope that we can create something useful.
Please do register below.
It takes only a moment and of course it's FREE!
Any problems...email me
You will then be able to:
- BUY authentic ancient artifacts
Of course you can do that without registering!
But if you register you wil be able to:
- Receive the more or less weekly gallery updates
- CONTRIBUTE articles about collecting ancient artifacts, restoration, cleaning, fakes and forgeries; indeed just about any relevant topic!
- Have your MYSTERY ARTIFACT featured and get opinions and comments from other collectors and dealers who are registered members.
- Have your artifacts featured in REAL OR FAKE? Get opinions from dealers and other collectors.
You can offer contributions to the website by sending me text and images by email
Thanks to Jorge for designing the main graphics.